Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an experienced marketing professional to lead the Life Science Solutions Group global marketing operations team.
The Director of Marketing Operations will develop, implement and oversee all planning and business analysis activities to support all marketing strategies cross-functionally across channels to ensure appropriate metrics are in place to allows enable departments to make better informed decisions. This position will work closely with global, divisional and regional marketing teams to gather market intelligence to leverage in marketing campaigns and campaign planning, to ensure a strategic and integrated marketing approach.
The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business ownership, marketing and operations acumen, leadership, agility, and communication skills and will have a passion for data, metrics and reporting. This individual also excels in operations that enable predictability, scalability and efficiency. This is a hands-on role and candidates must demonstrate the ability to operate and excel at the strategic as well as tactical levels.
Strategic Analysis and Planning:
- Analyze existing market research data (secondary research) and identify key market trends and issues, constituent needs, user/buyer personas and processes, and purchase drivers.
- Review market research reports in key data areas to include purpose, assumptions, demographics and psychographics for product marketing efforts.
- Identify and conduct market research projects and electronic surveys as needed in support of LSG marketing strategy development.
- Monitor trade publications and other associations for benchmarking and best practice purposes
- Lead cross-functional teams charged with planning, designing and implementing marketing initiatives aligned with strategic business objectives.
- Analyze key strategic issues including product evaluation, market and customer research, competitive benchmarking, and technology trends.
- Drive strong sales and marketing alignment with initiatives and processes that support strong lead management, improved lead quality, enhanced data quality and tools and templates
- Work with members of various marketing teams to develop and communicate actionable, revenue-generating strategies by analyzing marketing campaign performance.
Marketing Analysis & Effectiveness:
- Actively monitor, analyze and report on the health of marketing contribution to pipeline, program ROI, customer acquisition and penetration, contact acquisition and activity.
- Define ‘metrics that matter’ and manage the process to package these measurements into dashboards and reports to measure performance of the marketing team.
- Provide the Marketing leadership team with ongoing analysis for marketing investments, pipeline impact and goal setting.
- Drive marketing database strategy: analyze gaps in our data, contact acquisition strategy, practices that ensure data quality and measure database health. Develop new ways to mine data to guide marketing investments.
- Devise innovative approaches to answering challenging business questions.
Identify opportunities to use analyses to answer core business questions and to support improved action-oriented decision-making.
- Utilize analytics tools as well as primary and secondary research to analyze the impact of global marketing initiatives, identify opportunities, establish goals and drive action to ensure campaign success
- Work with various marketing teams to provide direction and set strategy to address business opportunities.
- Develop ROI reports/dashboards that communicate marketing performance to key stakeholders within the organization.
- Present quarterly to the Marketing team on campaign effectiveness during monthly leadership meeting.
- Develop, implement, and maintain LSG market segmentation strategy to achieve growth expectations
- Define and execute a joint-QBR process with commercial operations. Run quarterly/monthly marketing metrics review processes and meetings across all geos.
- Maintain an open line of communication with business units and marketing staff to answer questions, clarify findings, and make recommendations that are driven by market needs and insights derived from research for the purpose of creating marketing strategy and plans
- BA or BS degree
- 8+ years’ experience in marketing – with at least 6 years of marketing operations experience in B2C/B2B life sciences, high-tech or pharmaceutical companies.
- Experience leading a global team in a matrix environment.
- Results-driven with very strong ability to analyze quantitative data to determine program effectiveness, ROI, forecasting.
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail in execution. Ability and willingness to be a hands-on leader.
- Extensive experience in market research, analysis, market segmentation and data analytics
- Demonstrated results in improving sales pipeline/funnel close and conversion ratios.
- Must have budget management experience and financial analysis skills.
- Excellence in organization and planning.
- Strong team player with the ability to develop effective working relationships across the organization: divisional, regional and global marketing teams, sales operations and IT.
- Ability to analyze situations, apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough and creative solutions. Ability to gather and analyze data and to understand issues from a broad, strategic perspective.
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills, including listening and interpretive skills; strong consultative and persuasive skills; and expertise in working effectively and creatively with a wide variety of individuals and groups. High standards of ethical conduct and confidentiality in dealing with various internal and external constituencies.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.