Job ID :
US - California - Santa Clara
- Initiate, plan and execute scientific research with emphasis on the use of high density DNA microarrays for studying genome wide gene expression
- Conduct experiments and/or evaluate specific products for development of automated liquid handling methods in support of microarray-based assays
- Conceptualize new product ideas and conduct feasibility studies and research to prove product concepts
- Deliver high quality results according to project schedule in support of product commercialization during early feasibility, development and system validation phases
- Write product requirements and product specifications for new product introductions
- Develop QC methods to support new product transfer to manufacturing
- Provide advanced technical support for launched products
- Applicants should have a BS in biological sciences with a minimum of 2 years of laboratory experience. Experience can be derived from internships or positions held post-graduation.
- Strong laboratory skills are required including PCR, agarose gel electrophoresis and use of automated liquid handling insruments
- Experience with common methods for extracting nucleic acid and protein a variety of sample types
- Ability to properly document experiments and data and analyze and interpret assay results
- Willingness to learn new techniques independently or with training
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Willingness to be highly creative, flexible, and adaptable in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing needs caused by time, budget, or other constraints.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Clear commitment to working effectively as a team
- Experience with DNA microarrays is a plus