Senior Product Manager
Job ID :
US - California - Santa Clara
- Strategic market analysis: model market segments, needs, demand profiles, competitive landscape and new opportunities requirements. Build business plans to support product line strategy and financial viability and present to senior management
- Portfolio management: develop and manage the roadmap for your portfolio. Manage full product life cycle including product discontinuation strategies to ensure seamless customer experience and smooth revenue transition. Manage the gene expression arrays and reagents, in the oncology market space, including: market outlook, competitive assessment, and opportunity prioritization. Manage P&L financials and annual revenue targets of the gene expression microarray portfolio.
- New product development: develop new reagents, microarrays and analysis software products following the Product Commercialization Process (PCP). Leverage functional expertise across Thermo Fisher Scientific to identify new products that will support growth of a multi-generational portfolio. Provide vision to cross functional internal teams based on market dynamics, geographic regions, customer segmentation, and competition. Delineation of the 4 P’s of Marketing: Product, Price, Place, Promotion for a portfolio of offerings, taking into consideration: customer segmentation, value proposition, and product positioning message. Create and deliver launch plans for new products, on time and on budget.
- Cross business unit / technology market development: work with gene expression Product Management and R&D colleagues in other Thermo Fisher Scientific businesses to align product positioning, customer facing and sales training materials to assure positive customer experience in selecting gene expression products that best meet the customers’ needs.
- Market development: ensure successful product launch and hand-off to the global market development team. Partner with regional marketing and sales teams to drive revenue growth plans. Model future product growth and strategy to support portfolio. Work with regional marketing and global market development teams to use market research and voice of customer feedback in specific regions and customer segments to understand dynamics of market evolution and competitive forces to maintain competitive advantage. Leverage information to create segment specific product strategies and offerings.
- Monitor success: ensure sales and delivery cycle for all products is user-centered and smooth—an experience that delights the customer and increases the Customer Allegiance Score of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Sciences or a similar discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in product management roles related to oncology and gene expression with advanced knowledge/understanding of molecular biology and marketing. Understanding trends in oncology and gene expression market space is a plus.
- Superior communication skills with ability to understand scientific communications and clearly articulate technical details to a variety of audiences.
- Experience working with gene expression, qPCR, microarrays or next generation sequencing.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully launch new products in a dynamic market place.
- Experience with financial modeling or data analysis.
- Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results.
- Mastered ability to distill customer requirements, understand competitive strengths and weaknesses, and develop compelling product offerings and value propositions addressing competitive threats.
- Ability to excel in highly skilled and diverse cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and execute plans in a highly matrixed organization
- Self-starter with the ability to create and execute plans based on a vision.
- Able to act in a relatively autonomous capacity and encounter problems of diverse scope and moderate to high complexity.
Travel Requirements: Up to 25% domestic and international
Working Location: Santa Clara, CA