Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Responsible for the manufacturing, assembly, and/or packaging of BioProcess Containers in a clean room environment. Technicians carry out the production process by closely following the Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instruction Documents and blueprints or drawings as they relate to assembly, materials handling, equipment operation, and finished goods packaging.
This position requires following cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) and working in a fast paced team environment.
Key Responsibilities: (Include but are not limited to the following)
- Follow all safety requirements and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) requirements
- Follow Work Instruction Document, Standard Operating Procedures and standard works
- Assembling product using specific written instructions, blueprints and drawings
- Record correct and accurate documentation in Production Control Documents
- Perform inspection of in-process and finished product
- Participate in PPI (Practical Process Improvements), Lean and Continuous Improvement activities including 5s activities
- Daily Schedule adherence
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good verbal/written communication
- Ability to follow complex procedures
- Adherence to Good Manufacturing Principles
- 2 years production experience (preferred)
- Ability to work in a team environment
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced controlled clean room environment up to 8 hours a day with additional overtime as required
- The clean room is controlled at greater than 30% humidity with a temperature between 60 and 70 degrees
- The clean room has some ambient noise
- Specific gowning is required: Gloves, hair net/beard net and face cover, safety glasses with no makeup/jewelry/gum, and the like
- Position requires forceful gripping/grasping/pinching and repetitive motion including pushing and pulling
- Ability to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and understand chemical hygiene including labels and SDS (Safety Data Sheets), common chemicals are disinfectants, solvents and IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol 70% and 90%)
- Ability to stand and move about including reaching, bending, stooping, crouching and kneeling
- Ability to use hand tools and equipment including forceful gripping, grasping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion
- Common Knowledge on safety guards, light curtains, and standard safety controls
- Ability to occasionally lift and manipulate up to 50 pounds unassisted
This position (has/has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.