When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How You Will Make A Difference
We’re looking for a Program Manager to join our team of product and experience designers. The Program Manager will organize our projects, create and execute on processes to bring all the stakeholders along, and manage the successful delivery of our engagements. This person will oversee everything from project initiation, to gathering and documenting user needs and requirements, to creating and maintaining the plan, to arranging resources, to driving continuous improvement of our processes and interaction with our stakeholders. The primary role of the Program Manager is to insure our stakeholders get what they need from us, when they need it, and with the highest possible quality.
What You Will Get to Do
· Engage with multiple groups in the organization to understand ongoing priorities and portfolio roadmaps so the team can best support the business units.
· Oversee multiple concurrent projects and programs; varying in size/scope/complexity, spanning across several different teams and organizations.
· Create and track all aspects of a program, including: detailed project plans and milestones, resource allocations, risks/issues remediation, status reporting, budget management, and be the general “go to” person for details & status of the project.
· Proactively identify risks in all assigned areas; work with teams and management to mitigate these risks before they become issues while keeping management and stakeholders informed.
· Ensure rapid execution and on time, high quality delivery of complex projects. Interact with and motivate talented teams across multiple locations to deliver top quality products.
· Creating material(s) that can be consumed at various levels of the organization – from executive-level presentations, to finite-level materials to be consumed by project/program teams.
· Form and maintain productive and positive working relationships with staff with varying technical and business backgrounds and skill levels across cross-functional organizations.
· Build, utilize and optimize internal processes to ensure standardization, quality, and accountability.
· Extremely organized with impeccable attention to detail; understands the what, why, when, how and who to drive better solutions.
· Must be able to know the audience, and be comfortable presenting to everyone from C-level to the Individual Contributor assigned to the project/program; must be able to influence, and have data-driven conversations.
· Be able to work well across organizations and forum relationships with a globally-diverse workforce.
· Plan, initiate, budget, schedule, and manage activities throughout the project’s life cycle. Work with internal and external personnel to ensure that activities are completed on time, within budget, and meet standards.
· Facilitate meetings, workshops, and training sessions for stakeholders.
· Build a knowledge base of each stakeholder’s business, organization, and objectives.
· Explain implications of changes to project scope and/or objectives to the client and to the project team.
· Lead the team to prioritize project work based on analysis of strategic importance, outstanding tasks, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources, and deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal skills required to present, negotiate and build/maintain relationships.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to readily communicate complex information in an easy to understand format consistent with the effective execution of the plan.
· Ability to analyze and synthesizes information from a variety of sources to develop/recommend creative solutions.
· Recognize and/or assess degrees of risk in plans and actions.
· Superior organization and planning skills.
· Proven ability to effectively deal with conflict in a team environment.
· Demonstrated experience facilitating dynamic meetings, coordinating among high energy participants and directing towards productive results.
· Excellent project management skills and demonstrated competency in the execution of multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must have the ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and have the ability to multi-task.
· Comfortable working with technical and business teams.
· Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years program management experience (combination program and project management can be considered).
· Project Management Certification is preferred.
· MBA Preferred.
Relocation assistance is not approved for this role.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com