Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Laboratory Applications Specialist will be responsible for product troubleshooting and support of instrumentation, instrumentation applications, and consumable product lines. These include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Richard-Allan Scientific, and Lab Vision Products. The successful candidate must have the ability to utilize effectively communicate and perform histology lab procedures and best practices. This includes answering and processing requests via the Technical Product Support phone system as applicable either directly or resulting from prior Technical Product Representative Involvement. Duties include basic and advanced troubleshooting and resolving customer problems primarily via phone. Customers may include; end-users, direct sales team, distributors/channel partners, Marketing, Field Laboratory Application Specialists, BioMed representatives, or third party service providers. Position includes full use of JDE (ERP) Service Module inclusive of Case Management system for documentation and follow-up. The Laboratory Applications Specialist will also represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Interpret and understand customer user requirements, and how they relate to product functionality
- Provides troubleshooting and resolution of customers’ technical issues, and provides help in understanding of the appropriate use of Anatomical Pathology products over the phone and by email.
- Handles requests for the replacement of apparently defective product. Completes, maintains, and processes relevant paperwork and documentation, including records of customer complaints.
- Provides periodic reports to management including compilations of customer complaints, trend analyses, and suggestions for improvement.
- Reviews available technical literature to maintain an awareness of current laboratory practices and procedures
- Participates in validating new products, customer evaluations of existing products and application support
- Up to 10% Travel is required and may be asked to travel within hours for urgent customer needs
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
The position requires an HT-ASCP Certified Histologist with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in Histology, or an AA/BS Degree in clinical laboratory science, biomedical instrumentation, or related field. Cytotechnologist or Medical Technologist certifications acceptable but not required. Based on product support requirements and potential needs, other certifications may be applicable to include IT related requirements. The successful candidate should have demonstrated computer experience in Windows environment to include; MS Word and Excel. Database ERP software (JD Edwards) desirable. Experience in a Technical Service Call Center or in a Product Support role desirable. Scope of position includes product training for in-house customer classes and sales personnel. Ability to work in a team environment, and must be customer focused with appropriate sensitivity and sense of urgency for customer issues. Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving, listening, and organizational skills are strongly desired. Position requires maintaining on-going professional certifications, technical acumen, and overall development of product knowledge as applicable. Position may include periodic involvement in product development projects or pre-market testing of new products.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria
- HT-ASCP Certified Histologist with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in Histology, or an AA/BS Degree in clinical laboratory science, or related field required
- Professional certifications in related field
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated computer experience in Windows environment. Database ERP software experience desirable
- Excellent skills in the following areas required; interpersonal and written skills, presentation skills, technical writing skills, and a demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a laboratory environment
- Demonstrated technical learning ability, troubleshooting skills, and customer facing skills highly desirable