Job ID :
US - New Jersey - Swedesboro
- Develops, implements, assesses, and manages appropriate systems, controls, accounting principles, policies and reporting practices for areas including AR, AP, GL, Payroll, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, Accruals
- Manages the day to day operations and process improvements within the Accounts Payable function
- Coach, mentor, and develop Accounting teams to enable professional and technical growth
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity and timely reporting of financial results
- Drives, monitors, and improves processes related to accounting period close cycles (month, quarter, year)
- Execute and support the Controller’s oversight of the balance sheet and P&L reconciliations
- Ensure that reported results through HFM / Essbase are accurate and timely
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve internal processes to ensure sufficient support for changing business dynamics; meet with business partners, understand needs and develop execution plans for improvement
- Support audit requests where needed (internal and external)
- Support and develop processes for new areas of business support
- Serve as a business partner - Build strong organizational alliances and work to proactively understand and mitigate risk and capture opportunities
- Coordinate activities to support policies and close process for a business with multiple sites / intercompany transactions
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
Key Success Factors:
- Candidate will demonstrate expertise in the following areas: financial reporting, internal controls, forecasting, analysis, and technical accounting knowledge.
- Candidate will exhibit leadership, initiative, and embrace the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Demonstrated history of being a champion for continuous improvement with experience applying continuous improvement to achieve business outcomes.
- Strong written communication skills along with concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easily understandable analysis and presentations.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form at the executive level.
- Requires expert ability to prepare reports using Microsoft Excel
- Requires experience in financial reporting, internal controls and accounting knowledge through professional and / or educational background.
- Requires the ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, and analyze and communicate variances and recommendations to management.
- Candidate will have proven history of leading or working within cross-functional teams and the ability to build organizational relationships with peers and operating partners.
- Requires the ability to recruit, develop, and manage professional teams and the ability to provide constructive feedback through performance and development processes.
- Requires ability to manage multiple assignments, have good judgment, and prioritize projects and time effectively.
- Requires a commitment to continuous learning, demonstrate a desire to advance, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to drive value and results, serving as a business partner.
- Ability to understand manage and optimize value drivers across diverse customer sets.
Education and Experience:
- BA degree in finance/accounting or other business related discipline
- 3-6 years of accounting related experience
- Systems experience: Hyperion Essbase
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access
Expertise and ability to apply GAAP and local company policy requirements.