This position is responsible for leading new product introductions (NPI) teams and requires significant cross-group coordination, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to drive collaborative discussions and decisions with all key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have strong Program and Project Management skills, understand business strategy and technology, have the ability to focus at a detailed level on strategic programs, and be comfortable interacting with senior executives and core team members alike. We need a passionate Program Manager who will deliver execution excellence, making optimal use of the Thermo Fisher Scientific Phase-gate process. Come help the Thermo Fisher Scientific team deliver world-class products and solutions to our customers.
A Program Manager’s role at Thermo Fisher Scientific:
- To manage the product commercialization process/new product development and introduction through the stage gate process, managing scope, schedule, risks, issues, trade-offs, communications, and expectations.
- To ensure that teams follow product development best practices as they execute the product commercialization process (PCP). This includes ensuring design control and delivering the agreed upon business value.
- To demonstrate and adhere to project management best practices, with the goal of delivering a high quality product within the constraints of the project contract to provide value to the organization.
- Lead program execution from Product Concept through Product Launch & Program Closure.
- Collaborate and coordinate across a variety of functional areas (R&D, Marketing, Product Management, QA/QC, Legal, Operations, Manufacturing, Service and Support and others) to ensure successful program completion and product launch.
- Act as information conduit between the Core Team and Sr. Management; prepare and present Phase Reviews to the Product Approval Committee (PAC); initiate Exception Reviews as necessary.
- Act as project champion and project “general manager”; manage team to execute all project deliverables; lead cross-functional core team.
- Lead teams to define and prioritize scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Plan resource requirements and negotiate Core Team resources with functional managers; assist Core Team Members in negotiating extended team staffing.
- Develop accurate, actionable, and cross-functionally integrated program plans based on business goals, constraints, and risk tolerance.
- Develop and drive timelines and budgets in coordination with other departments and teams.
- Drive program risk assessment, communication, proactive mitigation planning, and contingency response planning.
- Regularly track and communicate project status to all stakeholders; schedule and drive core team meetings.
- Assist Core Team Members in resolving extended team and functional issues.
- Contribute to performance evaluation of Core Team Members.
- Develop and deliver original persuasive presentations.
- Guide program teams through Voice of the Customer (VOC) research processes in partnership with Product Management and R&D.
- Build effective relationships with core and extended team members, functional managers, senior management, and customers.
- Track and monitor team progress against requirements and plans; resolve deviations.
- Lead, document, and communicate constructive lessons-learned analysis of completed programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) minimum, preferably in a scientific/technical discipline (e.g. biology, chemistry, engineering).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience combined between product/program management and product development, preferably in the life sciences/biotechnology.
- Stage-gate product development process experience.
- VOC process experience preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Ability to distill, prioritize, and act on feedback from a variety of sources.
- Ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Ability to work independently without significant direction.
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting, crisis management, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, and the ability to work effectively with a variety of other personal styles.
- Excellent leadership skills particularly the ability to influence stakeholders in other functions over whom the Program Manager has no direct managing authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative. Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for driving execution at a detail level when necessary while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com