As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have around 700 employees in Joensuu and Vantaa. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting an Electronics Designer to our clinical microbiology instrument development team in Vantaa, Finland. As Electronics Designer you have a change to work with technically challenging instruments in an innovative and international working environment.
We are looking for an experienced and active engineering professional with comprehensive electronics design understanding. You enjoy working in product development and want to continuously develop yourself and the team around you. We offer a possibility of working in exciting global projects. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- Design microcontroller based embedded electronics in a team developing In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) medical devices
- Interface and communicate with other local and global R&D team members (mechanics/software/V&V)
- Guide outsourced electrical engineering activities
- Participate in ensuring compliance of the products with regulatory requirements
- Master's degree (M.Sc.) or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or other applicable field
- Min 5 years work experience in electronics design
- Good spoken and written Finnish and English
- Proactive communication and collaboration skills
We additionally value:
- Knowledge of electronics development for medical devices
- Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and circuit simulation tools
- Understanding of EMC and safety requirements
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter, CV and salary request in English. Please apply via https://jobs.thermofisher.com. Reference: 44306BR.
Application deadline is February 26, 2017. However we’ll be reviewing the candidates during the process.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Electronics Designer Jani Hiltunen, tel. +358 10 329 2248 on 8th of February between 10-11 or 15th of February between 10-11.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.