As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Quality system specialist
We are looking for our Liquid Handling Consumables business a forward thinking quality system specialist for a quality system upgrade project to fulfill the new standard requirements. The selected candidate will work as a CAPA process owner and manage and develop the quality system routines to ensure compliance to set requirements, e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and to maintain the effectiveness of the system.
We are looking for a proactive, self driven and result oriented team player. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating and multi-divisional tasks in innovative and international working environment. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- Manage and develop the CAPA process and perform effectiveness verification.
- Work closely with quality engineers and function managers to ensure QS compliance with all ISO and corporate policy procedures.
- Create and coordinate creation of key procedures and processes based on feedback, set quality goals and to ensure customer agreement fulfillment
- Provide Quality System training and consultation
- Organize and participate in customer and certification audits
- Create quality reports and act as management review assistant
- Few years experience in ISO 9001 certified manufacturing company and preferably ISO 13485 certified medical-device company
- Excellent ability to write documents and describe processes and procedures in Finnish and English
- Experience in quality system standards (eg. ISO 13485 and ISO 9001), auditing techniques and interpreting and transforming the requirements to real life situations
- Good written and spoken English and Finnish, other languages are an advantage
- Bachelors degree (science, technology) or experience of similar job
- Ability to reach solutions with confidence and integrity
- Attention to detail and still understanding of the big picture
The following additional qualifications are highly appreciated:
- Statistical knowledge and ability to use statistical software such as Minitab or equivalent
- Quality software experience
- ISO 14971, 14001, 17025
- Experience of pipetting and lab products including laboratory applications eg. IVD
- Experience of metrology, dimensional measurements and functional testing of plastics
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 44326BR. Please apply by Sunday the 26th of February, 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Quality and Compliance Manager, Marina Elf (+358407703041) on 7th of February between 16-17 or 14th of February between 9-10.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.