The Site Operations Manager Leader is chartered with providing leadership and direction for the manufacturing unit and the support functions by establishing goals and setting priorities to meet the business objects and to provide the training and guidance necessary to enable the employees to improve their own abilities and skill levels. Will coordinate all manufacturing related activities within the facility to ensure that all are driving toward the common goals established in the strategic plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the facility efforts to establish a lean operation utilizing PPI and the Key programs to identify and remove waste and a strong focus on the customer
- Focus all manufacturing associates on (4) priorities, Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity/Cost
- Maintain clean and safe facilities to support the overall business requirements
- Monitor and review manufacturing and quality related activities for trends and identify areas of opportunity and drive corrective and preventative actions.
- Provide continuous feedback to associates to assure all are using best practices and are striving for continuous improvement and alignment with the business objectives
- Oversee and manage operational expenses to meet budgets and financial objectives for the manufacturing facility by monitoring current conditions and applying corrective actions and proactively seeking improvements to improve the operating results
- Mentor direct reports to improve their leadership skill sets and overall effectiveness through the PMD process
- Assist and support other leadership team members as required
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business Management, MBA a plus
- Must be able to manage and lead change
- Must have a bias for action and a continuous improvement mindset
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on team building
- Must have a solid working knowledge of other business functions (Financial, Sales, Engineering and Human Resources) in addition to Manufacturing and Quality.
- Experience ISO 13485, and/or TS16949 is desired
- Must be capable of resolving complex problems
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of varied technical disciplines
- Must have excellent managerial/personnel skills and previous experience at the managerial level
- Expert knowledge of Lean Manufacturing skills, Single-Piece Flow, Value-Stream mapping, and JIT Manufacturing techniques
- Expert understanding of Total Quality Management, DFMEA, PFMEA, and Six-Sigma tools
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates peers and upper management
This position has been approved to provide relocation assistance.