Sr. Project Manager
Job ID :
US - California - Carlsbad
Key Objectives of the role:
- Responsible for developing and delivering a project management program that encompasses all the details of a project to the team members
- Sets realistic goals and provides coaching and guidance to team members to help achieve the goals and to ensure there is clarity in communication
- Is able to estimate and budget projects and initiatives accordingly based on varying levels of ambiguity and information, leveraging past experiences and forecasting abilities
- Is able to communicate at various levels of the organization effectively
- Develops tools and techniques for initiatives to help with project execution as well as to enhance and evaluate the performance of the team
- Is a leader and not simply a coordinator/manager and understands the balance between leading the task at hand with the dynamics of the team
- Ensure milestones and targets are met through actively management of resource, scope, issue, and risk management
- Manage program change in accordance with the change management plant to control scope, quality, schedule, cost, and contracts.
- Address program issues by identifying and selecting a course of action by taking into account the program constraints and objectives in order to enable continued program progress.
- Capture program status and data by ensuring the population of the program management information system in order to maintain accurate and current program information for the use of stakeholders
- Ensure appropriate tools and techniques are available and employed by the team to enable them to meet their assigned objectives successfully
- Delegate effectively to achieve results
- Perform follow-up tasks on systems and related problems
- Facilitate teamwork, including defining roles and responsibilities, assessment of required skills, providing guidance and managing conflicting priorities.
- Provides information to others both internal and external to the organization; represents the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or Business, equivalent work experience acceptable
- E1 and/or SAP experience is desired
- PMP or PgMP certifications a plus
- 5+ years of related technical work experience within a QTC or Enterprise System environment
- Prior experience of large scale complex QTC programs highly desired
- Applies knowledge of multi-platforms, multi-technology environments and incorporate an in-depth understanding of business and technical solutions to provide timely, cost-effective, quality solution or alternatives.
- Remains current on technical and professional developments and business strategies affecting area of responsibility
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Advanced knowledge in creating and maintaining management level and detailed project plans utilizing Microsoft products
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Agile experience is strongly desired and SCRUM certification is also a major PLUS
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts