Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Peabody
- Directs the work load of the Truck Drivers including safety, training, scheduling and compliance to Company procedures and policies. Assists the Site Manager in performance evaluation, employee development and evaluating staffing level to meet objectives.
- Under the direction of the Site Manager, coordinate daily Traffic activities of team members to achieve desired results in productivity, teamwork, safety, quality, and job knowledge.
- Plan and release outbound orders and assign the best method of shipment:
- Schedule D&I trucks or outside carriers to meet customer’s delivery requirements while optimizing utilization of D&I truck fleet and drivers;
- Ensure customers receive on time deliveries;
- Release orders in an efficient manner for warehouse personnel to pick and stage those orders.
- Coordinate, review, and document truck maintenance, budget and expenses, invoices for accuracy and common carriers charges for accuracy.
- Participate in the Core Carrier Program and the selection of carriers, in coordination with the Outbound WH Ops Leader on the Transportation team.
- Lead the PPI Lean Leadership within the traffic group to implement PPI tools such as Daily Management Board, 5S, Standard Work, Problem Solving and Kaizen Events. Work with the traffic group to continually improve the productivity of loading of truck, routing management and truck maintenance.
- Perform assigned administrative duties as required to ensure compliance with DOT, EPA, IFTA, OSHA and ISO Quality System. Support export shipments and documentation.
- Coordinate a Driver’s daily work load and overtime consistently within the department.
- Participate in quantifying data as needed in the execution of Company’s strategic plan using performance metrics for orders, shipping, freight and other measures.
- Support Warehouse Group Leader to direct the daily warehouse functions, as necessary, to achieve timely completion of required warehouse activities.
- More than 4 years of experience in warehousing, distribution, driving and traffic planning
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and allocate time as required by business objectives
- Ability to effectively interact with other disciplines within the Company such as customer service
- Have a “Customer Service” approach to relationships with internal and external associates
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Physical ability to perform driving and materials handling responsibilities
- CDL A or B, with HAZMAT endorsement and HAZMAT shipping experience desirable
- Forklift experience and must become forklift certified within 30 days