Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Reports to: Manager, Marketing, Divisional Marketing
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be an expert in paid search advertising, with a good understanding of related web technologies. At Thermo Fisher we strive to deliver best-in-class customer experience and industry results. We have won several industry awards for web marketing. The individual who best fits this role will be one who is passionate, vision for the future of the web and mobile, and is determined on delivering results while continuously improve our customers’ experience with digital channels. To be successful, the candidate for this role must be comfortable working in a highly matrixed environment in a global organization and collaborating with large teams across the company. The Digital Marketing Manager will be an experienced marketer who can evangelize and train others in our marketing organization about digital media as well as support a team of talented professionals on executing. This role will work across the business units, regions and divisions to ensure that eCommerce and digital channels are integral part of the marketing mix and that the objectives of channel preference are delivered.
- Leads the development and delivery of Digital Marketing, processes and technology implementation, as well as reporting and thorough ROI analysis. Develops and integrates all the digital channels and optimizes the mix to ensure superb customer experience while meeting efficiently and effectively the business objectives.
- Partners with the team members to develop, execute and measure integrated digital marketing campaigns, aligned with business goals and engaging our customers in loyal and satisfying relationships. Collaborates with internal clients to deliver enhanced digital marketing solutions.
- Provides strategic guidance and develops the members of the digital team to ensure they are staying up to date with changes in the digital marketing space.
- Influences and educates the wider corporate marketing organization to adopt and deploy new marketing media and emerging online (web and mobile) marketing and selling tactics and technologies.
- BA/BS in major in business or technical field or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in Marketing including Digital Channels.
- 4-8 years’ experience in customer-driven digital marketing, advertising, or eCommerce from
- consumer or technology industries.
- Expertise in all aspects of SEM using Google AdWords, Bing Ads and other paid search platforms.
- Proven track record of creating, optimizing and reinventing campaigns to constantly improve results.
- Strong Excel skills, ability to manage and update campaigns via bulk upload process.
- Experience with Adobe Media Optimizer, Adobe Analytics/Omniture and MediaMath are a plus.
- Experience managing and optimizing display advertising.
- Experience managing multiple strategic clients including ownership and oversight of budgets.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to management on a regular basis.
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- 5-10% travel
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.