About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: Manager Finance
Reports To: Patrick Lauwers
Career Band: 8
Job Track: Management
Position Location: Carlsbad, CA
Number of Direct Reports: 2
Relocation (if applicable): No
Job Description – Sr. Manager Hyperion Planning
The Sr. Manager Hyperion Planning will lead a small team responsible for the global administration of Hyperion Planning and will serve as the global technical owner of the Hyperion Planning application within the Life Science Solutions Group (LSG). The primary responsibilities of this role will be to facilitate the technical and administrative build out and maintenance of Hyperion Planning applications and the interfaces to other reporting systems (including Hyperion Financial Management and our Data Warehouse).
This role requires a blend of technical skill and expertise, project management skills and communication skills in order to translate the needs from global stakeholders into solutions, while maintaining systems operational for current use and applications. Proven ability to communicate effectively, a financial background and advanced skills with Hyperion Planning and Essbase are required.
- Lead member of the team responsible for the global administration of Hyperion Planning and interfaces to Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Maintenance of the mapping tables in Financial Data Quality Management (FDM) and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Ensuring relevant planning, forecast and actual data is available within Hyperion Planning and the data feeds into the interfaced systems.
- Providing systems solutions to the system users’ needs that maximizes the efficiency of planning/budgeting/forecasting/close processes
- Ensuring the team keeps updated documentation of processes and develops training material for end-users of LSG Hyperion Planning system
- Working with internal business partners globally to define, plan and implement future state requirements and improvements including to expand the use of Hyperion Planning to other groups with Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Maintaining the planning system hierarchies, load / calculation scripts and substitution variables
- Ensuring Planning systems data are reconciled to other financial systems
- Drive continuous improvements to increase efficiency, accuracy, and maintainability
- Provide guidance to management to integrate new businesses into Hyperion Planning
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience in financial reporting systems
- Prior people management experience is required
- Advanced technical knowledge of Hyperion Planning and Essbase is required
- Prior experience with HFM, EDW or a similar data warehouse, FDM and ODI is desired
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Finance background with the ability to understand complex financial models
- Data mining experience with ability to analyze data sets and draw relevant conclusions
- Experience in supporting global stakeholders and large end user community base
- Experience with complex system integration projects
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel including senior management