Job ID :
US - North Carolina - Asheville
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
HOW YOU"LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
Enable and facilitate the improvement of quality of services and products provided by the Asheville Manufacturing Center of Excellence. Enhance Customer Allegiance and drive down Cost of Quality in complete value chain from supplier to end user of products and services. Steward and teach scientific approaches including, statistical techniques and Practical Process Improvement methodologies in a “Lean” environment. Measure and report operational performance on Key Business Metrics for assigned suppliers, and products. Travel as necessary, worldwide, to facilitate product transfers, perform root cause analysis, conduct process audits and too enable Continual Improvement. Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
• Enable collaborative relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments to prevent Quality related wastes.
• Lead a Customer Focused Improvement Team (CFIT)
• Teach Process Improvement Tools and routinely coach use of tools.
• Drive supplier quality improvement and measure effectiveness.
• Capture internal and external Quality Performance Data and provide linkage to Process Owners to drive improvement.
• Conduct formal assessments of internal and external processes.
• Provide a continual flow of recommendations to reduce systemic waste.
• Serve as a manufacturing liaison during new product development.
• Engage in harmonizing, maintaining and enhancing the Asheville’s and Marietta’s Quality Management System.
• Some Domestic and International travel required.
• Demonstrate continual self-improvement.
Thorough working knowledge of various continual process improvement techniques. Proficient in process auditing and statistical waste reduction techniques. Knowledgeable in data collection, measurement system analysis, process improvement and control. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite. Working experience with the FDA and ISO 9000 quality standards.
• Bachelor’s degree required, from an accredited higher learning institution, with 5 years related experience.
• Experience in Quality Engineer or Management Systems is mandatory.
• Experience in manufacturing of refrigerated products or biomedical assessment of refrigerated products is strongly preferred.
• Verbal and written communication skills including good persuasion skills are a must.
• Formal commitment required to obtain ASQ, Certified Quality Engineer Certification, within 24 months of hire.
• Global travel up to 10%.
• Certified in Six Sigma Black Belt or Shainin Journeyman preferred.
Relocation assistance has been approved for this role