Business Job Title: Senior Operations Associate – Supply Chain
Internal Job Title: Senior Operations Associate – Supply Chain
Reports To: Team Leader
Group/Division: BioPharma Services Division
Career Band: 3
Job Track: Associate
Position Location: Horsham
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): Early/Late/Night
Relocation (if applicable): No
Revision History: July 2016
Effective Date: July 2016
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping
customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career
The position is based in the Warehouse covering Inventory or Distribution activities and requires the individual to work in accordance with documented procedures / standards in order to complete duties within the allotted timescales and to customer specification and to supervise small teams of Associates. This is a fast paced position that constantly requires a high volume of productivity and accuracy. The industry sector demands strict quality, product integrity and high levels of accuracy.
- Work safely and maintain a safe working environment
- Take ownership for delivery of quality at all times.
- Highlight and propose solutions to any H&S risk, near miss or accidents.
- Follow and maintain compliance to all Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs) through training and refresher programmes
- Effectively communicate with other departments.
- Supervise a small team focusing on job and schedule accomplishment
- Highlight and improve process efficiencies to achieve business objectives and utilizing PPI and Lead tools.
- Undertake any other duties on an ad-hoc basis as required by the Line Manager.
- 5x GCSE or equivalent experience / qualification (including English & Mathematics)
- Computer literate
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Good standard of English (verbal & written)
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent attention to detail with good hand-eye coordination
- Good understanding of Good Distribution Practice or previous experience in a Warehouse Environment
- Able to undertake physical tasks within Health & Safety guidelines
Although not essential, the following skills and experience would be advantageous:
- Worked within a GDP environment
- Worked within an operational environment.
- Use of forklift or similar equipment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com