Job title: Applications Scientist, Portable Analytical Instruments
Location: Anywhere in the UK (field-based)
The Application Scientist role within Portable Analytical Instruments is a key position focused on the success of pharmaceutical and safety and security product lines. This position is responsible for providing technical support to our pharmaceutical and safety and security customers and conduct technical feasibility studies, trainings, product installations and demonstrations for our customers in EMEA.
The application scientist is supporting existing customer applications and developing new applications to grow the portable analytical instruments pharmaceutical and safety and security business. Our portable product line for these markets includes Raman, FTIR and NIR based analytical instruments. The key focus areas are pharmaceutical raw material identification, chemical identification and different safety and security applications such as identification of explosives and narcotics. Application scientist is also working closely with R&D and product management to help to release new portable products and applications.
- Provides technical and application support to Safety and security and Pharmaceutical customers and sales team
- Conducts product demonstrations and attends exhibitions to support market development and sales activities
- Provides technical presentations to customers, partners and at technical meetings/trade shows
- Carries out application feasibility studies and prepares application notes and white papers.
- Works closely with Product Management and R&D team regarding hardware, software and algorithm development to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Carries out instrument installations and customer trainings in Europe
- Provides product-specific technical support to field sales organizations, including development of application specific sales support and customer-facing literature.
- Actively uses Voice of the Customer methodology to drive application innovation pipeline.
- 3+ years analytical instrumentation experience (ideally Raman, FTIR and/or NIR)
- Proven track record of strong technical and analytical skills
- Analytical sales and technical support experience, understanding of the pharmaceutical manufacturing and safety and security applications highly desirable
- Technical credibility and strong written and oral communication skills will be invaluable
- 25% - 30% travel including international (in average)
- The position will be based anywhere in the UK
If you are interested in this role, please forward your updated CV to: email@example.com