Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager, Chromatography Consumables
Location: Runcorn, UK
The Chromatography Consumables Digital Marketing Manager is an integral part of the product marketing team. You will be the connection between our Business Unit and the Divisional Web, eCommerce, Social, Analytics, Apps & eBusiness teams, with a mission to deliver an industry leading digital presence for our customers (internal and external), promoting our innovative consumables products to bring our successful business to a new level. Working within cross-functional development teams, you will use the marketing plan as a directional guide as you create and manage our digital marketing presence to accelerate market growth.
This position will require the use and development of skills to:
- Analyze our online/digital presence to identify new growth opportunities
- Use VOC to understand our customers digital behavior to enhance online communication and revenue growth
- Curate our online content and optimize for current and future communication platforms
- Develop compelling content for marketing messaging and campaigns
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Continuously improve our online content through application of metrics based knowledge, VOC and alignment with product marketing plans to drive greater engagement, awareness and revenue generation through digital channels.
- Work with our Divisional marketing team to define digital strategies, providing the voice of our business unit to Divisional teams and communicating digital requirements to the Product Marketing and Product Management teams.
- Align our Online Strategy with the Product Positioning Strategy and Marketing Plan and support the content requirements of regional, channel and vertical markets.
- Maintain awareness of online tools, trends and developments across customers, competitors, platforms and relevant third parties to ensure optimal use of our marketing resources.
- Educate Product Management, Marketing, Applications, R&D, Leadership and other Business Unit teams as needed on how to prepare effective online content and developments in online strategy and opportunities.
- Digital Marketing Plan Execution
Monthly review of product team objectives vs plan and produce marketing KPI pack to ensure achievement of the plan.
Associated job responsibilities:
- Assess needs of vertical markets, regions and distribution channels and create solutions that will gain market share. Provide requirements to BU team to ensure it meets these needs.
- Marketing Program Development
determine marketing tactics to promote products, ensure that proper content is available to deliver the programs.
- Achieve AOP financial goals
- Define and execute digital marketing plan
- Provide commercialization support
- Demonstrate constant improvement in digital engagement and awareness through metrics and VOC
- Demonstrate eCommerce revenue growth to plan
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Content marketing/content management experience
- Experience interpreting digital metrics and demonstrated ability to proactively develop tactics based on usage data
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in physical or life science, chemistry or engineering discipline.
- Proven experience marketing to a scientific audience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in physical or life science, chemistry, engineering or marketing discipline is preferable.
- Demonstrated confidence in written, interpersonal and oral communication is essential
- Ability to understand technology and articulate strong customer value/benefit propositions is critical.
- Strong computer skills in office applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel) and presentation tools (e.g., MS PowerPoint), are critical.
- Independent, assertive, self-starter with the ability to work with a diverse and global team.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Up to 40%