Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Daily Activities Include:
- Gathering and analyzing technical specifications
- Managing product backlog, user stories and cross-product dependencies
- Meeting with stakeholders to understand their use of the Cloud Platform and translating these requirements to product use cases and scenarios
- Engaging with stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle
- Understanding long-term product vision and roadmap
- Identify, define, re-define, analyze and prioritize requirements, and communicate those requirements to the development team through User Stories
- Participate in Agile activities including product demos, retrospectives, backlog grooming and sprint planning
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to prioritize work, clarify requirements, and drive user stories to acceptance throughout the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to establish credibility and influence within the internal organization
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering/related field or equivalent experience
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience:
- +1 years of experience in a similar/complementary role
- INVEST method of developing user stories
- Agile Certification
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
- Cloud technology – AWS EC2, IAM, SQS, SNS, RDS or equivalent OpenStack, Google Cloud or Azure technologies
- RESTful Microservices
- NoSQL – Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Cloud architecture – loosely coupled systems, fault-tolerance, HA, scalability