When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Technical Application Specialist’s primary function will be in a NGS lead role, handling all customer inquiries, testing, and troubleshooting of NXType issues that are received by the Technical Application Specialist department. Experience with using NXType assay, workflow and all instrumentation is preferred.
The ideal candidate must also be familiar with the One Lambda, Inc. (OLI ) product lines in general, with a working knowledge of Tissue Typing Trays, Lambda Cell Trays, Micro SSP, Lambda Antigen Trays, Flow PRA and the LABMAS technology product lines, LABType and LABScreen. In addition, a working knowledge of all OLI analysis software as well as Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel is required. This individual is responsible for investigating OLI Customer Inquiries and must work closely with the Quality Assurance, Product Specialists, Sales, and Research Departments. This individual will be required to maintain direct contact with all OLI customers and distributors.
- Gain in-depth technical knowledge and skills in one or more product families with a heavy emphasis on the NXType platform
- Provide product training to the Product Specialist employees
- Provide technical support through analysis of customer data and provide expert interpretations to customers
- Resolve customer product performance inquiries:
- Analyze product performance conditions and replicate end-user laboratory conditions in order to identify and isolate contributing factors to product performance failures
- Independently conduct tests and/or experiments to validate proposed solutions
- Communicate recommendations to end-users
- Maintain professional relationship with development teams for continuous self-training and provide teams with technical findings to supplement R&D’s continuous quality product improvement programs
- Perform regular proficiency tests to maintain and demonstrate mastery of technical skills and knowledge
- Travel as needed to customer centers and conferences/workshops (Domestic and International) to perform laboratory demonstrations, training sessions, etc.
- Assist in planning and organizing in-house and external workshops including participating as an instructor
- Prepare and present reports and formal presentations to management regarding activities and results as required
- Develop in-depth and detailed technical knowledge and skills in order to provide technical support to customers, channel partners and sales teams in resolving product performance problems. This includes: installation, operation, training, laboratory investigation, data analysis and interpretation.
- Secondary function is to provide development teams with feedback on performance of assays in hands of customers for further product refinement.
- Maintain a working knowledge of One Lambda’s product lines.
Contacts and Relations:
This position interacts with several departments including product managers, project leaders, scientists, laboratory staff members, sales department teams, marketing and public relations department and management.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory data and business information. In addition he/she will ensure that safe laboratory procedures and protocols are followed at all times especially in the application of universal precautions in handling of all blood and blood byproducts.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive business and product related information.
- Exercise good judgment, discretion, and common sense in the course of executing the required professional duties and responsibilities.
- This individual must be self-motivated and comfortable with decision making.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the Biological Sciences
- Three (3) years HLA experience
- Practical bench experience in one or more of these areas: HLA Typing by NXType, HLA Typing by DNA (SSP); HLA Typing by rSSO (SSO); HLA Antibody Screening by ELISA; HLA Antibody Screening by Flow Cytometry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in execution of his/her duties.
- Plan and organize oneself in a reliable and consistent manner.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with management, staff members and third parties (customers and channel partners).
- Maintain high professional corporate image at all times with third parties.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory and business information; perform computer data entry in a conscientious manner.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Familiarity with laboratory setting working with human blood and/or tissue products.
- Occasionally sit in front of monitor utilizing PC for data input and/or analysis.
- Lifting of packages (25 lbs) and materials as needed.
- One Lambda Tissue Typing Trays, Lambda Cell Trays, Lambda Antigen Trays, MicroSSP, FlowPRA, and LABMAS technology
- All One Lambda Analysis software (DNA/LMT, HLA Fusion, LCT/LAT, and Flow-PRA)
- Experience with SOP-0030, all OLI Products and all OLI Software
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.