Job ID :
US - California - Sunnyvale
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Technically qualify supplier capability and participate in approvals of direct material and assemblies for CMS products.
- Develop technical cost analysis tools and processes designed to analyze & deliver recommendations and results for product cost & manufacturing improvements.
- Identifies and recommends changes in material and processes to improve cost and productivity
- Participate in sourcing activities to identify, qualify and recommends appropriate suppliers for CMS products.
- Proactively monitor advancements in sourcing technologies to improve productivity and savings.
- Participate on or lead cross functional teams for product transfer, re- sourcing or outsourcing initiatives.
- Support technical project teams through the driving of critical milestones and deliverables while effectively communicating to internal and external stake holders.
- Prepare and coordinate critical onsite and virtual meetings in order to maintain alignment on project deliverables.
- Extremely adaptable to changing requirements in projects, resources and business scenarios while being able to focus & deliver on goals and objectives.
- High level of understanding of manufacturing processes and practices of multi-cultural, multi-commodity suppliers i.e. PCBA, sheet metal, injection molding and contract manufacturers.
- Engineering degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Sourcing, Quality, NPD or Sustaining Engineering.
- Direct experience working with suppliers providing PCBA, Electro-mechanical, Power & Thermal Management or Cable assemblies.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills needed.
- Strong analytical skills required.