Area Account Manager Laboratory Capital Equipment
How will you make an impact?
With 50,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition - accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
By joining the Chemical Analysis Division (CAD), which is part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be part of the Molecular Spectroscopy team – which is recognized as the world leader in Molecular Spectroscopy.
Within our team you will be responsible for selling Molecular Spectroscopy Instrumentation to all accounts within Belgium and Luxemburg.
In specific you will work with customers and provide unique solutions that enable breakthrough discoveries, solve complex scientific challenges or meet routine testing needs. You'll have responsibility to drive revenue growth and overall customer satisfaction within one or across a variety of markets like academic, pharmaceutical/biopharma, food safety, environmental and clinical.
What will be your key duties and responsibilities?
- Grow the business by identifying prospective buyers of Thermo Fisher’s products and services within a defined geographical region and execute territory plans.
- Seek out for new accounts within the defined territory as well as service the already existing accounts.
- Execute professional sales calls to increase sales growth and territory penetration.
- Negotiate contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and support all procurement processes.
- Utilize tools like Salesforce.com to forecast and effectively manage accounts.
- Ability to clearly identify and interpret customers needs, shape and align those requirements to Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions.
- Coordinate activities with other Thermo Fisher Divisions to maximize exposure at accounts, for instance:
- Organize Seminars and Workshops
- Sponsor Account Technology Events
- Exchange Account information and Sales Lead with other Thermo Fisher Scientific sales colleagues
- Attend and support tradeshows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events – when required – through technical and business presentations on the specific Thermo Fisher Instrumentation.
- Partner with cross functional colleagues to actively identify innovative customer solutions.
- Create and implement consultative sales strategies consistent with long term sales and profitability objectives.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific discipline; Chemistry or Physical Sciences preferred.
- Deep knowledge of Molecular Spectroscopy and or Material Science.
- You’re an experienced sales professional with the ability to exceed expectations and achieve sales quotas.
- Sales of Laboratory/Scientific Equipment is preferred; Capital Equipment in the field of Material Science is a plus.
- Proven commercial track record.
- You are a problem solver, have strong influencing skills and utilize analytics to take action on sales opportunities.
- You excel in building and maintaining relationships, positively affecting business growth.
- Working knowledge of FT-IR, Raman, UV Vis is highly desirable.
- Broad familiarity with the following industries is required: Academia, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Polymers, Food, material Science and Petrochemical/Petroleum industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, in Dutch and French.
- Ability to travel (up to 10% abroad).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.