Automation Manufacturing Technician
Job ID :
US - New York - Fairport
- Set up and perform changeovers on post-molding equipment.
- Develop / Update, Publish, and Follow: Changeover Procedures, Check Sheets, & Diagnostic Guides, & A3 activities to obtain repeatable equipment performance. Work with peers to develop consistent procedures across all three shifts.
- Troubleshoot complex automation systems using sound methodical reasoning and root cause analysis. Must be able to clearly communicate results of these analyses both verbally and in writing.
- Provide front line maintenance response for equipment R/M conditions & support engineering on other site issues.
- Able to safely & accurately troubleshoot a variety of power and control circuits from 480VAC to 24VDC. Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Able to safely perform basic electrical repairs and component replacements (“plug and play” components such as sensors, relays, solenoid valves, etc.).
- Provide & test potential solutions for resolving: customer complaints, scrap reduction, & other productivity improvements.
- Monitor scrap, machine efficiency & machine utilization to track productivity improvements.
- Support and participate in efforts to drive continuous improvement process (CIP) and work toward achieving department goals. Uses Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodology and Lean techniques for improvements. processes.
- Maintain monitored records / Set-up Sheets, Gemba Boards, Interference Logs, SAP Work Order Corrective Action & other Equipment Performance Data.
- Clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, accurate technical information to employees at all levels. (Ex. Work Orders, Production Reporting Boards, Gemba Boards/Meetings, other…)
- Follows standard work & GMP / FDA procedures.
- Participates actively in 5S, TPM, PPI, & other Lean activities.
- Provides leadership & next level of support to the Automation Associate.
- HS Diploma or GED & Technical Certificate Required; Technical AS Degree Preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience troubleshooting automated equipment and systems (Mechanical, Electrical and Pneumatic)
- Trained in the NFPA 70E – Electrical Safety.
- Computer experience with SAP / Excel / Word / Outlook
- ISO / GMP experience.
- Experience working in fast paced, self-directed, environment and ability to lift 50 Lbs.