When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
The candidate will have extensive previous experience in performing verification and validation activities in an industrial or clinical setting. Furthermore, experience in writing verification and validation plans and/or protocols will be required whilst having exposure to the verification of molecular diagnostic assays will be bonus. Finally, expertise using Thermo Fisher instrumentation (e.g. real-time PCR, NGS, etc…) would be preferable.
The Scientist, Molecular Biology III (contract) will possess the technical skills to lead junior scientists, perform experiments, analyze data sets, and write protocols and reports. Furthermore, they will be expected to present their findings on a project level to external and business stakeholders
- Exercises independent judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions
- Participates on multifunctional teams and lead important integration, verification and validation projects
- Problem solves using extensive knowledge of technical product details, design control and basic regulatory issues
- Designs and conducts experiments independently and writes procedures, protocols and reports
- Possesses strong computer skills and can manage and analyze data sets
- Adheres to policies and procedures following research and development scientific standards
- Write and follow work instructions
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.