- 5+ years of prior experience as a software developer. Java/.NET based web applications is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of recent experience in a software development management role of a team of at least 30 people.
- 2+ years of experience using Agile Scrum development processes with specific training in Scrum Master or Product Owner roles.
- 2+ years of recent experience in life sciences, clinical applications, bioinformatics or related domains. Experience with Mass Spectrometry, Omics technologies highly preferred.
- Significant exposure to building web/cloud based applications, AWS strongly preferred.
- Excellent at interpreting requirements and communicating them in a form that is easily consumed by software developers, such as UML, State, Sequence, etc. diagrams.
- Has a good “gut feel” for what user interfaces would work well in a scientific / laboratory environment.
- Has a solid understanding of the dependencies with projects involving assay and device R&D.
- Is a self-starter and comfortable determining direction in a highly dynamic environment with significant ambiguity at the project formation stage.
- Is an excellent communicator –to customers and partners, high-level executives, as well as highly technical project team members.
- An ability to be productive and prioritize in an environment with multiple competing priorities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
Location and Work Environment:
This position will be located in Bangalore, India. Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance. This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.