When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.Responsibilities:
Working within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group, within the Microbiology Division (MBD), the Global Key Accounts Manager role is responsible for managing and coordinating Sales across Europe/ROW/Globally in Key Accounts.
The key accounts are in the clinical, pharmaceutical, and food and contract testing sectors, and are assigned from the range of key accounts managed by the Microbiology Division on a Pan-European or global basis.
The Global Account Manager will not have any direct reports, but will lead virtual teams, designed to manage these complex business arrangements.
- The Global Accounts Manager is responsible for writing an annual sales plan for all assigned customers.
- In order to achieve the sales target for assigned key accounts, growth is attained organically as the market expands, from achieving a greater share of the customers’ wallet, or by successfully launching new products. Sales campaigns will be organized for all of these activities, recognizing that a different sales process operates for each task.
- A key requirement of the role will be to coordinate key account activity across a number of stakeholders in the business. Key account business is negotiated with company buyers usually across a number of territories. A coordinated technical sales approach will also be implemented either directly by the Account Manager or through the responsible Representatives from the Microbiology sales organizations.
- Communication and reporting must be effective and streamlined, monthly reporting will be via an agreed scorecard for each account.
- The Microbiology Division and Thermo Fisher Scientific have a very strong market image; as one of the first faces of the company it is the task of the Global Accounts Manager to uphold and enhance at every opportunity.
- Managers/Representatives in Microbiology Europe responsible for the Key Accounts
- Key Account Purchasing Managers
- Key Account Technical Managers
- Other decision makers and influencers in Key Accounts
- Other managers in the Microbiology business; finance, sales, customer service, marketing
- Corporate Account Managers, EMEA Focus Account Managers, VP Corporate Accounts EMEA
The ideal job holder profile is as follows:
- Graduate or equivalent in Microbiology, Biomedical Science, or Biological Science
- Significant experience working in a laboratory environment
- Significant sales/sales management experience
- The desire to sell Thermo Fisher Scientific Microbiology products and to be a successful business person
- A full current driving licence
- Flexibility to travel across Europe (minimum 60%)
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.