Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Quarterly Incentive Bonus Plan – eligible to participate to earn additional compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement – eligible after 90 days of employment
- Great growth opportunity across Thermo Fisher Scientific
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installing, repairing, troubleshooting and setting up industrial process controls; AC/DC motor drives, motor contactors, PLC’s and general industrial equipment used in a manufacturing environment.
- Performing general maintenance tasks such as welding, machine shop work, hydraulic repairs, HVAC.
- Installing, repairing, troubleshooting and setting up pneumatic, thermal, hydraulic controls, and troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret meters, schematic diagrams, blueprints, rules and other measuring instruments.
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained and in working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Completing action items by assigned dates and priorities
- Filling out work orders daily
- Attending Gemba Walks of the Production area using assigned note books
- Tracking time in MP2 or other CMMS Systems ensuring that paid hours are accounted for correctly.
- Developing a daily checklist for startup, end of shift pass down, and communication required from shift to shift
- Ensuring Preventative Maintenance compliance and development
- Consistently providing and supporting the overall maintenance of the facility, accommodating shifting schedules to meet the needs of the business and maintenance goals (ie plant shut downs) and providing critical support to the Value Stream.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Be able to lift 70 pounds, work standing on hard surfaces, ladders, under and around equipment for entire shift.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an industrial maintenance mechanic / electrician in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical School certificate with emphasis on electronic/electrical components or equivalent work history.
- Knowledge of electrical or mechanical theory, components, codes and practices equivalent to a trade electrical journeyman or mechanical journeyman or higher level.
- Knowledge and experience with cutting tools and machine shop practice.
- Being a self starter, work without supervision, able to set up work plan and material requirement, coordinate with colleagues, contractor and clients to carry out the work assigned.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High school diploma/GED/Technical school experience and equivalent work experience. Associates degree or trade license preferred.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.