Engineer III, Software (Analyst/Developer) | Ingeniero de Software III (Analista/Desarrollador) Job ID 33869BR
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN ENGLISH ONLY
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
LOCATION AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
We are hiring in Tijuana, Mexico. Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance. This position is eligible for relocation benefits to Tijuana.
Watch our Tijuana team talk about what it is like to work here and the technology they impact daily. http://bit.ly/2bTqy1j
- Participate in the design and development of new software and/or extensive software revisions in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Work with the development teams and product managers to define requirements and priorities then create user-stories, designs, and development tasks to be delegated to the team.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently, Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues
- Participate in training and orienting new software engineers as they join the team
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Very comfortable and experienced gathering functional and non-functional requirements from users and product managers and documenting resulting user-stories for consumption by the development team.
- Prior exposure to scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Bash) on Linux or Unix
- Has experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Experience working with geographically distributed team
- A highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and “figure out what needs figuring out”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- Experience with medical science solutions that manage genomic or biomedical data
- Experience with advanced data visualization techniques and bioinformatics