Java Developer | Desarrollador Java Job ID 34602BR
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN ENGLISH ONLY
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
LOCATION AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
We are hiring in Tijuana, Mexico. Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance. This position is eligible for relocation benefits to Tijuana.
Watch our Tijuana team talk about what it is like to work here and the technology they impact daily. http://bit.ly/2bTqy1j
This position will work within the DTD (Digital Technology and Delivery) group to develop and implement various enterprise initiatives and technical projects related to Fisher Scientific and Thermo Fisher Scientific ecommerce web sites. Candidate will translate business needs into effective technical solutions using JAVA technology. Candidate will be responsible for implementation, maintenance of web applications and services that interact with Product, Content, Search and E-Commerce systems. Candidate should be able to work effectively in a team to design, build web applications and services. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Search Engine technology, Middleware and ERPs.
- Work closely with development team, architect, project manager, business analysts to design, develop, unit test, debug and maintain java based web applications in accordance with functional requirements and scope of work.
- Contribute and confirm to DTD adopted software development standards.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement to application and processes.
- Participate in production deployment and provide assistance to production support group when needed.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4-7 years experience in developing eBusiness web applications using Java and related technologies.
- Must be strong in Java, Java based frameworks such as Spring and have good understanding of design patterns.
- Must possess problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Prior experience with Enterprise Search technology such as Endeca and Solr highly desirable.
- Be performance driven, and be able to work multiple projects simultaneously if needed.
- Be highly motivated to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Prior work experience with Search technologies such as Endeca, SOLR or Hybris would be nice to have.
- Exposure to Agile methodology would be nice to have.
- Experience working with GIT, JIRA, and Confluence would be nice to have.
- Regular day to day job responsibilities does not involve travel.