Job Title: Sr Manager Production and Q/C
Requisition ID: 71886BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
What will you do?
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Achieve optimum employee levels with the least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Direct and monitor department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Act as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as, executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Assist company senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Initiate and coordinate major projects, (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
- • Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
How will you get here?
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline
- 10+ years experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry. A minimum of 5-years experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles is preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Reagent mfg. experience required
- Internal candidates may be approved for this position if viewed as fulfilling the above qualifications via on the job experience.
- Production team
- Reagent product development
- Reagent process development
- Supply chain
- Document Control
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.