As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager. Reporting to the Finance Director, the senior finance manager will be responsible for leading the accounting and reporting team together with driving finance IT system development.
This role provides an exceptional opportunity for a motivated and proactive person to support driving growth, productivity and accountability within the company. This role offers a diverse and challenging opportunity to support different aspects of the business.
We are looking for an individual who has several years of experience in finance management roles in a matrixed global company. The role fits for a more senior candidate capable of driving change. You have good interaction and team management skills and proven track record of leading finance IT systems. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- External accounting according to Finnish GAAP legislation
- Internal Group Reporting to Corporate according to US GAAP
- Financial controls supporting internal and external audits
- Treasury in Banking according to Corporate banking policy
- Develop finance back-office team and services supporting local divisions and business units
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization in the finance area
- Develop and own Finance IT systems (ERP, Cognos, Basware)
- Cost budgeting process
- Master degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in financial management including strong systems knowledge
- Few years of leadership experience
- In-depth knowledge of legal, IT and finance including US-accounting (USGAAP) & SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Experience in SAP and preferably experience in SAP implementation process
- Proven ability to lead change and develop teams
- Track record in leading complex shared services organizations and organizational changes
- Fluent spoken and written language skills in English and Finnish
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including a cover letter, CV and salary request. Please apply via https://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 50653BR.
Application deadline by Wednesday the 28th of June.
Should you have any questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Essi Lovén-Kujala, Senior Recruiter, 050-3586635 on 16th of June between 8-9 and 19th of June 8-9.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.