Job Title: Director Export Sales
Reports To: Senior Director Commercial EMEA, Marketing
Group/Division: Microbiology Division
Position Location: Home office based with regular attendance to the local office
Number of Direct Reports: 3
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organisation you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Leading the Export Sales Team, the Director Export Sales is responsible for achieving and exceeding sales and price/profit targets for the Region through effective leadership of the regional field based Export Sales Team. In order to achieve this, the Director, Export Sales is responsible for ensuring strategic plans are in place to develop and optimise our Distributor network across the Region. The position will also be responsible for leadership of the Direct Sales team in South Africa. The role forms part of a broader European Sales and Commercial organisation and will be required to work cross functionally across the matrix to participate in projects and ensure customer needs are met.
- Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for the region to ensure revenue objectives are met by using company defined financial models.
- To manage the distribution territories within EMEMA and the direct territory of South Africa through management of the in country based team.
- Develop the strategy to incorporate and compliment the Microbiology Division objectives into the overall region / country strategy
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of the sales force automation (SAP CRM) solution, and expenses and MBD/SDG reporting deadlines.
- To be the Securimate go to expert for EMEA on compliance and to be the advocate for up to date distributor contracts across the region.
- Work alongside SDG colleagues across EMEA aligning MBD strategy to the SDG strategy achieved
- Work to drive product sales to support distributor partnerships and actively promote core products and value added services
- Provide role model leadership and management activity including coaching, goal setting and effective delegation to stretch and develop team competencies.
- Review, maintain and manage delivery against key performance indicators. To include, but not limited to, sales performance, call planning, call rate and opportunity management and follow up
- Help field based Sales Managers identify and satisfy customer requirements and meet the needs of valued business opportunities
- Ensure compliance within the entire team with company procedures and policies
- Continually measure personal and team success against the country’s sales plan making the necessary challenges, interventions and decisions to successfully deliver, or exceed plan expectations
- Provide verbal and written updates and monthly reports to the Senior Director Commercial EMEA
- Develop and maintain a rounded understanding of the sales positioning of Microbiology Division and its products within the various markets in which we operate. Using this knowledge, effectively leverage the strengths and breadth of the organisation by building and maintaining an effective network of connections within the Thermo Fisher Scientific organisation
- Maintain a high level of business knowledge relevant to the region managed including competitor activity and market trends.
- Leadership of the implementation of price increases and annual contracts with customers
- A high level of business acumen and a clear understanding of the export sales management environment and role
- Team leadership and demonstrated track record in individual coaching and team development
- Laboratory experience across a wide range of sectors, ideally in a Microbiology environment but alternatively in a pharmaceutical, industrial and academic segments
- Good knowledge of the marketplace in the sectors outlined above
- The ability to travel to distributor and SDG meetings approximately 50%
- Excellent organisational/team work skills, track record of collaboration across a complex matrix.
- Exceptional time management, communication and presentation skills.
- Strategic selling, negotiating, and project management skills.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, sales force automation software a plus
- Strong project, time and stakeholder management experience
- Commitment to continuous learning, career progression and development
- Demonstrated 4-I values (integrity, intensity, innovation and involvement)
- Experience working with continuous improvement methodology
- Highly developed Selling skills and Sales Management experience
- Strong Financial and Business administration skills
- Microbiology experience preferred
- A degree level education is essential, with preference given where degree subject has a strong relevance to our business
- English: Full professional proficiency with additional languages an advantage
- Relevant leadership experience of a field based sales team with evidence of top and bottom line growth, while managing high and low performing individuals
- Full clean driving license
IND-EMEAIf you are interested, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org