When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. This Inventory Planner will be customer oriented and have direct responsibility for data analytics, inventory management / control, and necessary reporting.
- Analyze data and make recommendations in order to achieve profitability, customer service, and inventory goals.
- Work with supply chain team on implementing changes resulting from analysis.
- Ensure that inventory plan is achieved.
- Provide strategic guidance to management on supply chain optimization.
- Identify and design new planning tools in conjunction with supply chain team.
- Analyze, monitor, and update supplier and transport lead-times.
- Develop and maintain site specific metrics.
- Coordinate annual physical inventory and quarterly cycle counts for customer and affiliate sites.
- Investigate and reconcile inventory discrepancies.
- Generate monthly inventory metrics and distribute to management and finance teams.
- Provide inventory management support for all customer and affiliate sites.
- Provide strategic guidance as related to on site inventory levels and provide link between supply chain and distribution departments.
- Responsible for writing work instructions or procedures that depict how the work is to be done.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Inventory Management, Material Planning, Operations or related field. A combination of job related experience and ongoing educational progress may be considered in lieu of a B.S. degree.
- 2-4 years’ experience in an inventory planning or related function.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory control practices and lean best practices preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; including experience in writing SOP’s and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external customers; strong interpersonal skills required.
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Excellent computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and teamwork.
- Overnight travel may be required.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess written and communication skills to clearly express his or her ideas, share technical information, communicate well with customers and all levels of the organization, write procedures and develop plans.
- Must possess analytical and critical thinking ability to be able to evaluate, interpret information and procedures, to make timely decisions while functioning in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Experience and/or education in a laboratory setting – an understanding of the unique customer requirements; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred.
- Excellence in customer service and solution-driven approach to problem solving.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Inventory management, planning and supply chain experience.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.