As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Unity Lab Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is based in Hvidovre. The division consists of 17 engaged Field Service Engineers in Denmark, and all together 40 in the Nordic organization. As a team they are responsible for delivering all service activities including installations (and related customer introduction), repairs, maintenance service, validation services, depot repair, hotlines etc.
We are currently seeking a skilled and dedicated Field Service Engineer to further increase the level of service; providing ‘above expectations’ customer service and satisfaction. The role can be based in southern Sweden or the Zealand, Denmark.
Reporting to the Site Leader and Service Manager you will perform all service activities on Thermo Fisher Scientific’s own products within HPLC and LC-MS in line with internal rules and customer regulations assuring telephone support, diagnostics as well as on-site service. Through close dialogue with the coordinator you will plan and structure your own workday mostly in Denmark (Capital area) and Southern Sweden, but you may occasionally be willing to travel mainly in the Nordic region, occasionally in Europe.
- Ensure highest professional relationship with customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible
- Apply market knowledge, customer and technical insights to feedback to Manager for portfolio improvement and identify growth opportunities
- Manage the company’s assets provided such as car-stock/inventory of parts, computer, telephone, general tools, software, company car, manuals etc
- Optimizing you own work schedule by coordinating with all the necessary partners for service planning/scheduling (Dispatch function, Team leader and other
- Provide accurate and timely reports of all activities as required (e.g. Field Service Reports, Expense Reports, etc.)
- Assure alignment of all activities at the customer site with the rest of the company and inform other part of TMO of important information (e.g. information about new purchases to sales/lead generation)
Experience and qualifications needed to succeed
- Professional background in Electronics, Chemistry or as Laboratory Technician
- Min. 2 years’ experience servicing analytical equipment or equivalent applications specialist experience
- Skilled within HPLC and Mass Spectrometry services
- Experience from research labs or similar is an advantage
- Strong problem solving expertise, and demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Self-driven with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work across all levels, functions and regions
- Excellent English communication skills – verbally and written. Scandinavian proficiency is desired but not a requirement
- Ability to cope with an international, matrix organization
What we offer
- A career in an international company with global impact
- Be part of exciting project to improve human condition
- Development through continuous learning
- Cooperation with driven colleagues across business areas
- Opportunity to work with the best teams in the industry, ranging from international top level scientist to cutting edge process- and production teams and highly creative business- and marketing teams
We will review applications on an ongoing basis in order to start the interview and hiring process as soon as possible, so please do not hesitate in making your application.
Deadline for application: June 23rd 2017
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher and/or the position please contact Heidi Lund-Nielsen (Sr. Recruiter Talent Acquisitions Nordic) via email Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application including a motivational letter and a CV in English