Essential Job Functions:
- Works with CAD commercial and product marketing / marcom to develop and deliver effective downstream marketing programs to support regional marketing plan.
- Proactively coordinates delivery of programs with commercial channels to ensure effective implementation of defined plans.
- Ensure messages and marketing campaigns provided by business are effective.
- Work collaboratively with CAD regional marketing manager and Sales & Marketing stakeholders to define goals and logistical details; provide comprehensive support and communication regarding program logistics as it pertains to stakeholders.
- Where appropriate, such as Tier 1, 2 and large Tier 3 events, ensure campaigns include multiple tactics to leverage the investment; this could include production of promotional conference materials, pre-event direct marketing programs to drive traffic and registrations; supplemental workshops and/or technical presentations, web postings on thermofisher.com and appropriate local language site(s), PR, and supporting sales tools.
- Execute and conduct post event analysis
Ensure cost-effective event implementation, with clear recommendation on future participation value in post-event assessment.
- Coordinates as required with other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions to improve benefit to company brands and products.
- Annually developing the regional Event Plan, using divisional leadership guidance to define included events.
- Manage expenses to budget. Communicate budget status on a regular basis. Timely and accurate management of invoices, including approval for payment, reconciliation against planned and actual performance, and estimated accrual totals at end of quarter.
- Coordinate the production, maintenance and loan schedule of booth materials: booth graphics/portables, pop-ups, banner ups, table cloths, table top signs etc. Manage event dummy kit schedule, shipping, storage and maintenance program.
University degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 3+ years of marketing communications and event management experience in a business-to-business environment, preferably for a U.S. based company. Industrial market experience preferred.
- Demonstrated oral communication skills, as well as superior interpersonal/relationship skills – intercultural skills and experience a plus along with strong customer orientation.
- Experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices
- Strong project management, attention to detail, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrixed environment to reach agreement and gain support for strategies/tactics; strong customer orientation
- High level of intensity and comfort level with change
- Excellent English language speaking and writing skills; fluency in 1 or more other European languages preferable.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Ability to travel approximately 20%