Job Title: Scientist I, Cell Biology
Location: San Diego, CA (relocating to Carlsbad late summer 2017)
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Research & Development, Affymetrix eBio
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Validate and support the commercialization of new reagents for Flow Cytometry
- Independently design experiments and conduct basic troubleshooting
- Maintain mammalian cell culture, working with both primary cells and cell lines, including the preparation of human and mouse primary immune cells
- Manage multiple experiments concurrently to meet product release timelines
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to manager and extended R&D teams
- Communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members across the R&D team to support product development
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the team, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with 0-2 years of laboratory experience
- Experience performing multi-color Flow Cytometry experiments is required
- Familiarity with preparation methods for human and mouse primary immune cells is highly desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and FlowJo software
- Must be able to independently design and execute experiments and conduct some basic troubleshooting
- Capable of multi-tasking and being flexible to meet changing priorities
- Must be highly organized and have strong time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a multi-disciplinary team to support a positive work environment
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.