When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Our facility in Fair Lawn, NJ has an extraordinary opportunity for a Full time Maintenance Mechanic open on our Frist Shift team (1st shift position: 7:45AM – 4:15PM) that manufactures high end laboratory equipment for the scientific community.
- Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Must be able to provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment. Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Lays out, installs and maintains a variety of systems and equipment, such as powerhouse piping, high pressure seam piping, compressors, boilers, accumulators, pumps and other kinds of steam, gas, air and hydraulic equipment. Work area may be throughout the facility, including tight spaces and at heights.
- Performs Arc and/or Acetylene welding on diversified products, parts or structures, usually involving high strength or pressure requirements. Regulates current and voltage, selects electrode type and size for arc welding or selects tips and varies flame for acetylene welding. Considerable skill and judgment is required to apply proper techniques.
- Performs a wide variety of carpentry duties necessary to construct and maintain in good repair building woodwork, etc. Constructs and repairs cabinets and office furniture. Must be able to work from work instructions.
- Works independently to inspect equipment and identify mechanical deficiencies before problems are reported.
- High pressure Black Seal License preferred or training in process with the ability to obtain within 90 days
- Working knowledge of NJDEP, EPA, FDA, OSHA and ISO regulations preferred
- Working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo, SAP preferred)
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Chemical facility experience preferred
- High school diploma or certificate from recognized trade school
- 3 years of relevant industry experience required (industrial, commercial, academic campus and medical facilities maintenance)
- Must be able to operate a Forklift, certification preferred
- Control equipment experience preferred (i.e. pneumatic valves)
- Welding and fabrication experience
- Must be able to works independently in a safe manner
- Mechanical troubleshooting aptitude and acumen
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments
- Knowledgeable in Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Available for off shift, “call in” maintenance support
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.