As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Field Application Specialist, Nordics
Based in Sweden, Denmark, Norway or Finland
Are you passionate about making a difference within the Life Science segment? Are you looking for a role that combines science, training, troubleshooting and working with customers in various scientific domains? Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in service science? If so, then this may very well be the start of your journey. . .
We are now looking for a new colleague to join our team as a Field Application Specialist (FAS) to cover the Nordics in a temporary position (1 year). Combining customer relation, training and support, this function is well suited for those who enjoy working with customers with a variety of scientific backgrounds. If you have a broad scientific interest and especially enjoy working with people, this function is tailored for your professional career. Thermo Fisher Scientific provides you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development for the start or the continuation of your career. As a FAS you are responsible for the provision of scientific application support for real-time PCR and next-gen Sequencing instruments and applications with primary responsibility for customers based in the Nordics (Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark).
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide independently in-house and on-site scientific application support & training support on applied biosystemsTM, InvitrogenTM and Ion TorrentTM branded products, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction
- Support the Support & Service organization in the achievement of the regional training and service contract sales target through customer interaction and relation
- Support sales in the achievement of the regional sales target by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities
- Solve customer escalations effectively through in depth troubleshooting
- Remain up to date with product and state of the art scientific know how and work in line with our Support & Service Competencies
Who we are looking for:
- You are very independent and driven
- You have good commercial insight and attitude
- You are confident with strong communication skills making you capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts
- You are have an analytical mind and like reading and interpreting common scientific and technical journals and also apply basic mathematical and statistical analysis to data
- You love customers and service mindedness comes naturally
- You like the idea of traveling 25-50% of the time (will vary) and being out in the “field”
- You would like to work in a high end customer focused function and maybe you have experience from doing just that
Experience/Qualifications needed to succeed:
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Masters' degree or PhD in Molecular Biological Sciences, Genetics, Biochemistry or equivalent experience
- Laboratory experience consisting but not limiting to expertise in basic techniques related to Molecular Biology products with a focus on the related instruments and applications
- Hands-on experience of next-gen sequencing and real-time PCR on market-leading platforms is essential
- Solid experience from troubleshooting technical problems
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is essential
- Experienced at writing reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Strong Scandinavian and English language skills.
- Valid Driver’s License required
What we offer:
- A career in an international company with a global impact
- Be part of exciting projects to improve human condition
- Development through continuous learning
- Cooperation with driven colleagues across business areas
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 44226BR.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Victoria Hicks Mørkved, Sr. Manager Talent Acquisition Nordics via email email@example.com.