- Ensure all steps of the audit program have been completed.
- Ensure adequate techniques are used to measure transactions and get the facts.
- Appreciate and evaluate the existing procedures and management practices within accounting, economics, treasury,
operations, law, taxation, computerized information systems and modern management principles for the business
- Recognize and identify the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal controls, the compliance to laws and
regulations, existing policies and procedures and the reliability of existing management information system applications.
- Define the actual or potential impact associated with the observed deviations/weaknesses.
- Identify the root cause of specific problems, present practical recommendations to eliminate the root cause and the
potential related effect.
- Provide appropriate supervision and on-the-job instruction to other audit staff, when applicable.
- Recognised degree in accounting (or relevant degree), and CA or CPA;
- 8+ years' experience in external and/or internal audit within professional services and/or big MNCs, ideally in manufacturing environment;
- Extensive experience of working in China;
- Exposure to operational reviews, i.e. beyond a standard financial audit;
- Experience in auditing in a high controls-reliance environment;
- Proficient in English and Mandarin (written and spoken);
- Self starter with confidence and maturity to deal with all levels of co-workers in the business;
- Managing, supervising ,coaching and developing others;
- Effective communication skills and strong report writing skills;
- Initiative and the ability to work autonomously especially on more difficult assignments;
- Ability to resolve conflicts as they arise;
- Effective time management and self organization skills;
- Capacity to make appropriate professional judgements, including the ability to recognise and assess audit/business issues as they arise and to develop effective solutions;