As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We are currently recruiting for a Field Applications Specialist (FAS). The role will Support the Commercial Sales Team to ensure that the Customer achieves its goals in terms of meeting business and financial objectives. It will Provide strategic and in-depth scientific and technical support in relation to Single-Use Systems solutions for the marketplace, ensuring our customers’ needs are met and matched to our capabilities. Ensure optimal utilization of appropriate Single-Use Systems technologies, products and services within the Customers’ manufacturing processes and applications (i.e. BioProcess Containers (BPC’s), Single Use Systems equipment, product and process optimization and scale-up).
- Acting as primary field technical interface between the Sales team and the Customer focused on Single-Use products (BPCs, Single-Use Bioreactors and Mixer systems) and equipment services to clients
- Providing effective value-added solutions on design and development, consultation, technical support, and troubleshooting of Single-Use systems
- Providing & delivering high calibre technical presentations that complement Commercial Sales activities
- Leading technical product specification & application discussions with clients & prospective prospects
- Assisting with customer surveys, inquiries, User Requirements Specifications (URS) and product briefs; conducting process mapping activities, collaborating & making recommendations to clients on potential process improvements through utilization of Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ technologies & concepts
- Utilizing inter-company experts and resources to recommend technical applications and process development studies
- Recommending how products & business systems can be improved
- Informing Marketing and Product Management of new technologies that could complement the existing range from the perspective of identified customer needs
- Providing the necessary voice of the customer (VOC) to the appropriate levels within Product Management for all products and services
- Sustained evaluation and awareness of competitor activities & innovations within the marketplace in general & ensuring that relevant information is circulated within the organization
- Providing effective training activities & workshops on the application & capabilities of Single-Use products and systems.
- Supporting Commercial Sales activities in providing customer technical support and product troubleshooting
- Assist with customer complaints and investigation activities by providing necessary technical data and feedback to Sales Support, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Engineering and R&D as appropriate
- Leading on all aspects of qualification/validation studies & programs initiated with the clients in collaboration with internal functional groups, as may be applicable
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time and operate from a home-base
- B.Sc. (or equivalent) in a life science or related field
- Experience working within the Biotech, Biologics, Life Sciences, and/or Biopharmaceutical industries in a technical, engineering, or manufacturing capacity and ideally with experience using Single-Use products and systems.
- Fluent in English
- Detailed knowledge of BioProcess Containers and Single-Use systems
- Good understanding of processes and applications used within the Biopharmaceutical, Biotech, human and animal vaccine industries
- Comprehensive understanding with proven operational and technical experience utilizing BioProcess containers and Single-Use systems within the industry
- Comprehensive knowledge & understanding of cGMP & other regulatory guidelines combined with applicable understanding of the business and financial aspects of the Biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry including the ability to apply that understanding in making sound business decisions
- Leadership capabilities combined with excellent communication & presentation skills
- Exceptional project management skills combined with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Highly motivated and self-directed requiring minimal supervision including the ability to work on multiple projects
- Excellent team-working skills
- Ability & willingness to work across professional & cross-functional teams
- Excellent computer skills including experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Project)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com