Job Title: Scientist II, Cell Biology Biology
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- New antibody evaluations to enable product launches of cell biology portfolio by performing cell culture activities
- Performing cell culture activities and laboratory techniques including aseptic expansion of mammalian cell lines, handling primary and secondary cells
- Routine analytical techniques on cell culture samples, lysate preparation, buffer/medium preparation for western blotting testing, immunoprecipitation , immunofluorescence testing and other related tests
- Managing cell culture activities including siRNA, Western blot, Immunocytochemistry.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of the cell culture and keeping thorough record of cell culture parameters and results into data sheets and/or electronic note books.
- Responsible for data integrity and accuracy.
- Other functions such as writing technical protocols and filling out order forms
Skills and Experience
- Must have at least M.Sc in cell biology/biotechnology, genetics or related fields with 7 years of experience in relevant industry experience or Ph.D of Science/engineering in Biology of related discipline..
- Should have a clear understanding of recombinant DNA technologies.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals would be a bonus. Good understanding of research projects using standard techniques and protocols.
- Should be a good team player, ready to learn new techniques and innovative thinker
- Industry experience, bioinformatics, experience in sequencing skills and grant writing skills will be considered as a bonus