As the Operations Team Leader, you will oversee 20-25 employees working on multiple production lines in a clinical pharmaceutical manufacturing/packaging environment. You will apply Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility. You will be expected to lead the operation using the following skills:
Lead - Coach and mentor your employee. Act in a professional and approachable manner. Possess strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
Own – Be the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for each process within your area .
Be able to speak confidently to all internal and external stakeholders about the processes.
Drive – Innovate. Independently and proactively identify problems /improvement opportunities. Implement solutions to solve problems and to eliminate reoccurrences.
Manage- Measure team, individual, and process performance. Set goals and hold team, individuals, and self accountable for all actions.
Develop – Foster your employees’ education and personal development. Provide opportunities for growth and exposure. Train, motivate, encourage and grow the workforce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision of the 4 I’s: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and involvement.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Lead: Direct, lead, supervise and provide support to personnel. Coach, listen and advise all personnel.
- Own: Learn, understand and become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all packaging processes. Investigate process deviations, identify root causes and implement corrective actions. Communicate and train employees on their duties, responsibilities and company policies and procedures.
- Drive: Challenge the status-quo. Continuously identify and lead improvements in all processes. Eliminate waste, increase effectiveness and maximize efficiency of the operations. Improve safety, quality delivery and cost.
- Manage: Oversee daily scheduling of all packaging operations and provide work direction across multiple production areas. Ensure employees work safely and in accordance with all internal and external regulations, procedures and standards. Identify, measure and improve critical metrics. Communicate performance expectations and hold employees accountable through application of the Performance Management and Development process. Consistently apply all company and site policies and procedures.
- Develop: Ensure that the Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) are current and accurately portray what is being performed on the packaging floor. Ensure that the technicians know, understand and follow these instructions. Develop career path plans for employees to foster personnel growth and fulfillment. Motivate employees to achieve work goals.
- Act as a role model leader.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- A four year, Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Management, Engineering or scientific discipline
- Strong Role Model Leader Skills
- Well developed communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment and good decision making skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma knowledge
- Experience in all aspects of the packaging process
- Experience with the implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques including, but not limited to, line balancing, Takt Time, 5S, SMED,TPM, etc
- Consideration may be given to those who hold 6+ years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience. This would include 3 years of supervisory and pharmaceutical packaging and/or pharmaceutical industry or FDA regulated industry experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience is desired
- Clinical or pharmaceutical packaging experience
- Industrial engineering background/training
- Experience leading teams of >10 employees
- Any certification for manufacturing, management or pharmaceuticals
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black Belt)
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or project management experience