The purpose of this position is to ensure the customer experience from point of order receipt to post-delivery follow up for the Laboratory Products category.
The After Sales Customer Experience is responsible for accepting orders, coordinating delivery, installation, companion sales and future opportunities, service contracts, liaising with business functions such as supply chain, technical service engineers, service management, product management, account managers and commercial sales teams.
- Establish and develop a process for taking care of the customer following receipt of order, through to confirmation of customer satisfaction after installation.
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders to ensure delivery timelines are met and all communication to both internal and external customers is accurate and transparent.
- Own the Customer Allegiance Score (CAS) improvements for Laboratory Equipment sales experience.
- For major project deals ensure all communication is timely and accurate to external stakeholders such as building contractors, infrastructure and services managers, and end-users.
- Ensure supply chain, technical service, product management and Account Manager/Key Account Manager are aligned using central system.
- Ensure accurate and timely records are kept and audit trails are complete, using systems such as Aconex or similar where required.
- Ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled as committed.
- Ensure all companion sell opportunities are presented in order to benefit both the customer and to meet revenue targets, via a full understanding of the company value proposition.
- Develop a system for scheduled follow up of customer satisfaction using existing tools such as salesforce.com.
- Leverage marketing automation to offer other products relevant to the customer profile, deliver service reminders, maintain accurate customer contact information.
- Ensure customer feedback is captured, market trends are recognized and product positioning is effective via close liaison with Product Management.
- Ensure the company value proposition is effectively communicated at the point of sale through concise, relevant, customer education.
- Formal qualifications in a biological science discipline, or equivalent experience in similar roles within the industry.
- Commercial Sales experience with demonstrated prior results.
- High level of familiarity and competence in computer use; specifically the Microsoft Office suite of applications – Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook.
- Highly motivated and resourceful individual who is driven by results, outgoing and proactive.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple internal functions and stakeholders.
- Ability to operate autonomously in a continuous improvement culture.
- Highly accurate and organized, with attention to detail, meticulous record keeping and ability to prioritize to deadlines.
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with CRM and ERP platforms, ideally salesforce.com.
- A strong team player with the ability to influence others in a matrixed organization through shared trust and goals.