Job Title: Marketing Web Publishing Specialist
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Reports to: Supervisor, Web Authoring, Divisional Marketing
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As our Marketing Web Publishing Specialist, you will be responsible for taking content from multiple business units partners (BUs) and feeding it thoughtfully into our website’s content management system. You will collaborate with the BUs to ensure accuracy. And you will be mindful of our customer’s needs, ensuring the user experience is compelling.
Here at Thermo Fisher we are the leader in serving science, with an eye on becoming the leader in the digital marketing space. Our customers demand more from digital than ever before. It is our mission to exceed their expectations while at the same time significantly advancing the business profitably.
- Create HTML pages within the Corporate content management system in collaboration with senior Web Authors, Client Services Managers, Digital Content Managers, and Business Partners.
- Manage workflow and maintain tight deadlines of multiple, simultaneous projects, with prioritization guidance from supervisor.
- Understand and apply style guidelines.
- Understand site architecture and navigational guidelines, both best practices and based on company styles.
- Edit/prepare optimized web-ready digital graphics by compositing, masking, sharpening, resizing, etc., as needed.
- Interface within the Project Management System on assigned projects. Includes retrieving assets, communicating details of project, uploading URLs for review, and completing assigned steps within the workflow.
- Collaborate with team members providing project status updates as needed to ensure timely and successful completion.
- Use critical thinking to identify when content provided needs clarification or correction, and seek out solutions from appropriate team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1–2 years of hands-on experience or Associates Degree and 3-4 years of hands on experience with customer-facing web sites.
- Experience working with content management systems, Adobe Experience Manager a plus.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite of products including Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.
- Solid understanding & experience with HTML and CSS.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of SEO principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all project team.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.