When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Security Architect has global responsibility for specific security architecture of both enterprise solutions as well as the Cybersecurity team’s enterprise security solutions that provide prevention, detection, and response to security threats.
- Drives the security architecture for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s cloud infrastructure
- Responsible in defining security controls to protect technological platforms stood up within Thermo Fisher Cloud
- Support A&A team on providing risk assessments when it comes to large scale enterprise solutions where architecture must be reviewed for security concerns and/or security controls need to be architected to provide security prevention and detection
- Support security documentation program manager providing SME input into policy, standards and guidelines
- Develop, maintain, and mature a holistic cyber security reference architecture for our cloud infrastructure
- Responsible for the creation of a cloud security framework to articulate the security strategy to various audiences (senior technology management, other architecture disciplines, application and systems development groups)
- Use of influence skills to obtain buy-in and participation from various groups and stakeholders without direct control.
- Work with staff and management across all levels of the organization.
- Provide subject matter expertise in Cloud technologies
- Manage the design, development, test, launch, and continuous improvement of the firm’s cloud cybersecurity solutions
- Support peers within the Corporate Information Security Program on things like, but not limited to: process build out, documentation, security risk assessments.
- Ensures excellent consistency, documentation, and process across all programs.
- Collaborates with other IT team managers to ensure consistency, adaptability, responsiveness, and effectiveness of security solutions
- Proactively advise the business on how to maintain security posture
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Assurance, Security, Management Information Systems, Risk Management or equivalent work experience acceptable
- Relevant cloud technical certificates a plus
- 5+ years of related cyber security architecture, engineering, and SOC work experience
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience focusing on business acumen
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Experience designing unified security solutions across disparate cloud technologies, services and landscapes
- Experience with infrastructure as a service design, configuration and compliance.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com