Job Title: Scientist III, Manufacturing
Requisition ID: 49514BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
- Responsible for manufacturing product(s) in a lab setting following standard operating procedures. Will utilize basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary to manufacture products.
- Will perform column purification/ chromatography, buffer preparation, SDS-Page Analysis, Western Blotting, and other protein characterization techniques.
- Responsible for Batch Data Records, notebooks, customer reports and work order documents.
- Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure within operating parameters. Advise manager of factors that may affect quality of product. Suggest options/ideas for corrective actions.
- Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned. Note variances on manufacturing documents; audit and evaluate process documents and propose revisions. Complete, distribute and file records as required in accordance with Document Control Practices.
- Identify potential issues in the production process; report findings to team management and lead troubleshooting and resolution.
- Write technical documents which include standard operating procedures and batch records.
- Required to lead process improvement projects or product transfer projects.
- May require some leadership tasks, including training new operators and partnering with support functions to facilitate execution of production schedules.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other related discipline, PhD is a plus.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years relevant experience demonstrating laboratory techniques in a manufacturing environment or research laboratory.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment and materials required. Experience in the use of basic laboratory techniques, including buffer preparation, column purification/ chromatography, SDS-Page Analysis, Western Blotting, and other protein characterization techniques are beneficial.
- Familiar with GE AKTA FPLC protein chromatography equipment and Unicorn software.
- Experience with different modes of chromatography such as: affinity, ion-exchange, size exclusion, hydrophobic interaction
- Lifting up to 20 lbs will be required on a frequent basis.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others
- Follows and provides direction accurately and efficiently
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to carry out scientific procedures and make recommendations for improvement required.
- Good problem solving skills necessary.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing related computer software preferred.
- Intermediate Excel skills
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.