Job Title: Field Application Scientist
Requisition ID: 49593BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Support our customers in the area of genetic analysis and molecular biology.
- Conduct training on the use and maintenance of Thermo Fisher Scientific instruments, software, reagents and consumables.
- Provide product selection, applications and usage advice.
- Demonstrate the technical advantages of Thermo Fisher Scientific products to sales staff and customers through seminars, workshops, demonstrations etc.
- Interact with local, regional and global colleagues to ensure sharing of knowledge.
- This role is primarily field based and will also be a part of a dedicated professional call center team to remotely support technical queries. The time dedicated will be 80% and 20% for field work and in-house technical support work respectively.
- More than 3 years of hands-on work experiences in a wide range of molecular biology techniques, in particularly qPCR, siRNA, miRNA, sample preparation, gene synthesis and gene editing.
- A good understanding of genomic analysis is necessary.
- Proven technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific branded genetic analysis systems and applications preferred.
- Experience in Microarray, NGS, Cell Analysis and Cell Biology a plus.
- Ability to participate in discussions and to express ideas clearly and in a concise manner, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deliver good presentations in both Mandarin and English.
- Being goal oriented and able to work effectively to meet aggressive schedules.
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity.
- Effectively work with team as well as cross functional departments.
- Ability to think and implement from a customer-centric perspective.
- MSc. or PhD in Molecular Biology, genetics or related field.
- Travels within Taiwan will be required.
- Ability to drive is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.