When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Key Job Activities
- Organize daily inbound/outbound shipping schedule for area of responsibility.
- Prepare necessary shipping documents.
- Co-ordinate with forwarders and other service providers to ensure deliveries meet customer/business requirements.
- Review open delivery orders daily and work with Operations Team to ensure packing can be completed on time for shipment.
- Reviews all required shipping documents and communicate details to appropriate internal/external parties or customers when shipment has been executed.
- Coordinate international/domestic orders and schedule appropriate shipments with transport service providers, determining the appropriate mode of shipment, that is consolidated or express or other best routing, and ensuring that POD is obtained for each shipment.
- Resolve issues with internal parties to ensure shipments meet Customer/Operational expectations
- Support in the investigation of internal/external customer complaints to find the root causes and advise appropriate solution to resolve them.
- Act as a supporting role to work with PPI project teams in ensuring the success of implementing new project(s) assigned.
- Supports group supervisor to collect data (if required) for them to perform the analysis and reporting work as requested by Logistics Leadership.
- Ensure that systems and procedures within the department are in compliance with ISO9001, ISO13485, QSR21CFR, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and WHO Good Distribution Practice.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.