With 50,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To grow our Sequencing and QPCR business we are now looking for a Biologist to work as a Team Leader in our Inside Sales Team in Darmstadt.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and implement business strategies through a sales team to achieve revenue targets.
- Accountable for developing sales team’s ability to achieve performance goals.
- Lead and motivate the sales activities
- Implement management processes that ensure consistent, timely and successful execution of the sales team’s strategies and objectives.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing, motivating and coaching the sales team, and in the successful management of distributor relationships.
- Accurately forecast product sales and revenues.
- Develop and execute comprehensive plans/programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives.
- Assist in the negotiation of new and renewal contracts where appropriate.
- Manage contract pricing within guidelines.
- Manage expenses within guidelines; travel as necessary to meet revenue goals.
- Interact with other departments as needed to communicate changes and provide updated information.
- Participate in strategic market research.
- Strong understanding of molecular biology principles, methods and applications.
- Strong experience in capital equipment sales.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Good telephone, interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good written and oral communication skills in German and English are essential.
- Strong presentation skills for both technical and sales related materials.
- Ability to compile and analyze customer feedback.
- Ability to act independently based upon limited information by analyzing available data, designing an action plan and implementing that plan with minimal direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment and influence/motivate other team members.
- Flexible, adaptable and open to change.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, with a Post Graduate degree in life sciences preferred.
- Extensive previous field experience with sales management experience is a plus.
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please include above mentioned Job ID number as well as your salary expectations and potential starting date.